Last Updated on Saturday, 21 August 2010 03:18 Saturday, 21 August 2010 03:14
Sidney, BC (August 19, 2010) – Anica Yoo of Port Coquitlam, BC, scored a 1-over par 73 today to claim top spot on the leaderboard to win the BC Girls’ Juvenile Championship at Glen Meadows Golf & Country Club in Sidney, BC.
Yoo, who finished with a final 3-over par 219, began the day tied with B.C. Summer Games gold medallist Valentina Trillo of Port Moody, B.C.
After Yoo bogeyed 17, Trillo was up by one heading to the 18th tee, but the pressure proved to be too much for Trillo who double bogeyed the final hole and handed Yoo the win.
Trillo finished at 4-over par 220 along with 2009 B.C. Bantam champion Alix Kong of West Vancouver, BC. After the tie was broken by matching scorecards Kong was awarded second place and Trillo had to settle for third.
The 2011 BC Girls’ Juvenile Championship will be held August 17 – 19 at Myrtle Point Golf Club in Powell River, BC.
Post-round results, pairings and a full field list are available through the Golf British Columbia website at golfbritishcolumbia.ca
- Anica Yoo Holds On To Win 2010 BC Girls Juvenile Championship
- Chan Runs Away With 2010 BC Juvenile Boys Title
- Record Fourteen Canadians To Play U.S. Amateur
- Lucy Nunn Wins Florida LPGA Q-School Sectional, Stephanie Sherlock 10th
- Jim Rutledge Polishes Off Record Setting Performance At Canadian PGA Senior Championship