Last Updated on Sunday, 29 August 2010 12:54 Sunday, 29 August 2010 12:40
WESTBOROUGH, Mass. -- Etonic introduces a new Stabilizer golf shoe for 2011 that features an athletic-inspired design and the latest advancements in footwear technology which results in superior levels of comfort and performance.
The new Stabilizer is 20 percent lighter, 40 percent cooler and 110 percent more comfortable.
The Stabilizer is lined with Outlast®, a NASA-engineered material that reduces heat and moisture inside the shoe by more than 40 percent and keeps the foot extraordinarily cool, dry and comfortable, even in the hottest weather conditions.
The upper is made of performance microfiber material that reduces weight by 20 percent while providing a soft and supportive fit that does not lose its shape.
The outsole features Etonic's best-in-class PowerUp Technology™ Outsole System which provides superior traction, flexibility and stability.
"We are proud to introduce the new Stabilizer," said Tom Elwell, CEO of Etonic Worldwide.
"The extraordinary comfort, quality and performance attributes afforded in this new style are tailored to exceed the needs of the game's best players and build on Etonic's unique heritage as a leader in the golf footwear industry. We're confident the Stabilizer will enhance the enjoyment of the game while quickly becoming the style of choice among players of all levels."
The Etonic Stabilizer is offered in two styles - a white and black saddle, and a black and silver saddle. The Stabilizer carries a suggested retail price of $150 and will be available in golf shops and better golf specialty retailers in November.
"The Stabilizer has a great looking design that's cool, lightweight and comfortable with unmatched performance," said Kent Wheeler, director of sales and marketing, Etonic Golf Division.
"The Stabilizer is noticeably lighter on the foot and stays extraordinarily cool and comfortable when the weather heats up. Plus, our PowerUp outsole system provides tour-level traction for added stability and confidence when you really want to rip it."
Stabilizer Golf Shoe Highlights
* Vented Microfiber Upper reduces weight by 20% and provides a consistent, supportive support, and breathability * HydroGuard® waterproof membrane * Two-year limited waterproof warranty
* Temperature management System featuring Outlast® linings * Outlast® linings reduce heat and sweat build up in the shoe's interior by more than 40 percent to keep the foot cool, dry, and comfortable. * Shocksorb™ Insole Bed for premium cushioning * Sof-Tech Last provides a roomier toe box for added comfort * Removable Polysport ™ anti-microbial footbed provides resilient cushioning
* PowerPlay™ Outsole System featuring the PowerSpike; Inside-Out Spike placement, PowerPod™, Dynamic Reaction Plate, PowerPlay Flex Zones and Stabilizer Heel Technology™ * Compression Molded EVA Midsole for lightweight comfort and cushioning * Fast Twist™ 7 Cleat Insert System * PowerSpike™ Cleat by Softspike®
How Outlast® Technology Works
Products equipped with Outlast® phase-change material (PCM) balance temperature fluctuations. Outlast® technology is a special, patented formulation of Thermocule™ or microencapsulated phase-change materials that are applied to fibers, fabrics and coatings.
These Thermocules™ continuously absorb excess body heat and release it to maintain a more constant body temperature. Outlast® reduces heat and moisture in the shoe's interior by nearly 50%, keeping the foot cool, dry, and very comfortable.
How PowerUp Outsole System Works
The design of Etonic's PowerUp Outsole was inspired by the 33 percent of PGA Tour players that continue to use steel spikes to maximize traction and power transfer to the ball. Since its introduction in 2008, PowerUp Technology has received outstanding accolades from consumers and golf specialty retailers alike.
Its six components include Etonic's proprietary PowerSpike™, Inside-Out Spike placement™, PowerPod™, Dynamic Reaction Plate™, PowerPlay Flex Zone™ and Stabilizer Heel Technology™, which all work together with the foot's natural anatomy to maximize traction, flexibility and stability to improve balance while maximizing power transfer to the ball.
Founded in 1876 by Charles Eaton and headquartered in Westborough, Mass., Etonic builds footwear based on technical innovation, superior quality and ultimate comfort. Etonic offers men's and women's footwear and accessories for golf, running and bowling.
For information on Etonic call 1-866-8-ETONIC (386642) or visit www.etonic.com .
- Etonic Announces New Stabilizer Golf Shoe For 2011
- Sunice® Launches An Inspiring Spring 2011 Outerwear Collection
- Swingin' In The Rain - What A Glorious Feelin'
- Nike Golf Athletes Debut New Nike Lunar Control Shoe At WGC-HSBC Champions
- Fall Back And Spring Forward With New Golf Footwear