Last Updated on Monday, 02 July 2012 16:31 Monday, 02 July 2012 16:06
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A medical examiner says an 11-year-old New York girl was electrocuted while trying to retrieve a ball from a pond at a time-share resort's miniature golf course near Orlando.
Orange County deputies say Ashton Jojo cried out in pain Wednesday afternoon as she stepped into the 2-foot-deep pond.
Orange Lake Resort guest Christopher Burges of Alabama heard her screams and tried to rescue her.
He was also injured.