LPGA Foundation Announces 2018 LPGA Leadership Academy Schedule
- Category: Inside Golf
- Published: 2018-05-03
Five Two-Day Events To Be Held In Minnesota, Georgia, California, North Carolina, And New York.
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida (LPGA) — The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) Foundation, whose mission is to empower, inspire and transform the lives of girls and young women through the game of golf, announced today a five-event LPGA Leadership Academy schedule for 2018.
This year’s schedule will crisscross the entire country with two-day academies taking place in the states of Minnesota, Georgia, California, North Carolina and New York. Each LPGA Leadership Academy will host 40 girls aged from 13-18.
"The program is fully funded by donations from our sponsors and The LPGA Foundation, enabling us to offer each two-day academy at no cost to those selected to participate," said Nancy Henderson, President of The LPGA Foundation. "We are very excited about the impact that The LPGA Leadership Academy is having on the young girls who participate in the program. You can actually see the girls transform into more confident leaders."
The LPGA Foundation introduced the two-day LPGA Leadership Academy in 2015 to engage teenage girls in golf and provide them with a framework to develop confidence and enhance their communication and leadership skills. Group leadership exercises, expert-led discussions, journaling and interaction with female executives and mentors help girls focus on their individual strengths and leadership style.
The LPGA Leadership Academy uses the game of golf as a platform and learning tool to:
- Teach girls how to become better decision makers
- Overcome and let go of setbacks
- Take calculated risks and embrace opportunities
- Develop skills to accomplish specific goals
- Play their own game and find their own voice
This is the LPGA Leadership Academy schedule for 2018:
- TPC Twin Cities in Blaine, Minnesota from June 12-13, presented by the Turner Family Foundation
- Eagle’s Landing Country Club in Stockbridge, Georgia from June 19-20, presented by the LPGA Foundation
- Lake Merced Golf Club in Daly City, California from July 16-17, presented by Acer
- Pine Needles Lodge and Golf Club in Southern Pines, North Carolina from July 24-25, presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield NC
- Westchester Country Club in Rye, New York from August 7-8, presented by Christina Zacamy
In addition to attending the Academy, each participant will be eligible to apply for The LPGA Foundation Scholars Program which includes invitations to LPGA events, mentoring programs and a $5,000 college scholarship. Details about The LPGA Leadership Academy, the 2018 locations and applications for participation can be found on The LPGA Foundation website at http://www.lpga.com/lpga-foundation/lpga-leadership-academy.