2K Hits The Links As Publisher Of The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR
- Category: Inside Golf
- Published: 2018-08-29
By THE PGA TOUR
NEW YORK, New York — 2K announced that the Company is partnering with HB Studios to publish The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR®, the latest entry in the award-winning golf simulation series. Developed by HB Studios, The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR marks the franchise’s first release featuring the official PGA TOUR license and presents an opportunity, through the new partnership, to deliver the most comprehensive and engaging virtual golf experience to date for the series. The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR is available beginning today for digital download on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Windows PC. In addition, physical versions of the game will be available at participating retailers this fall.
“HB Studios has an established and impressive track record in sports simulation game development, and from its early plans for The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR, we saw significant potential in both the game and future of the franchise,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “With a solid foundation and talented team in place, we’re eager to leverage our collective strengths and make a notable impact for golf and simulation sports enthusiasts everywhere.”
“I’m immensely proud of all the hard work and passion that our team has put into making this game. It’s truly been a labor of love, and I think that’s reflected in the product,” added Alan Bunker, CEO of HB Studios. “We couldn’t be happier to align with 2K and the PGA TOUR to share our passion for golf and sports simulation gameplay with franchise enthusiasts and newcomers worldwide.”
“We are thrilled to have partnered with HB Studios and 2K to create and distribute the first-ever tournament play mode within a console game, featuring some of the most recognized PGA TOUR events including THE PLAYERS Championship,” said Len Brown, Chief Legal Officer and Executive Vice President Licensing for PGA TOUR. “The career mode will allow our fans to rise through the ranks and earn their way onto the PGA TOUR, where they will compete on authentic TOUR courses.”
CAA Sports Licensing, on behalf of PGA TOUR, helped broker the relationship with HB Studios.
About The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR
The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR sets a new franchise benchmark for authenticity and realism, including:
- Improved ball physics, swing mechanics, swing feedback and other core gameplay mechanics;
- Unparalleled visual fidelity powered by award-winning and industry-leading SpeedTree® technology often used in top blockbuster games and films;
- Overhauled user interface delivering a fresh look and feel.
In addition, for the first time in franchise history, players will experience an officially licensed PGA TOUR Career Mode:
- Players will embark on an authentic journey through Q-School and the Web.com Tour, earning the right to play in a 32-tournament PGA TOUR season;
- Season play includes beautifully precise replicas of PGA TOUR courses that are accurate down to one-meter of resolution of the real-life courses;
- Players will forge rivalries and land sponsorships en route to competing in the FedExCup Playoffs, with the ultimate goal of becoming a FedExCup Champion.
Finally, The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR will now include a robust online multiplayer system for matchmaking and private matches:
- Players will compete on featured courses through matchmaking or choose from any available course for private matches;
- Go head to head to play as a team with friends in any one of six game formats, including the new additions of Skins and Alt-Shot.
The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and is available beginning today for digital download on PS4™ system, Xbox One and Windows PC. In addition, physical versions of the game will be available at participating retailers this fall. For more information regarding The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR, visit thegolfclub2019.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #TCG2019 or subscribe on YouTube.
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.