PGA of Alberta 2019 Awards Nominations Now Open
- Category: Inside Golf
- Published: 2019-07-01
By THE PGA OF ALBERTA
The PGA of Alberta is proud to present the 2019 Awards Program! The main goal of this program is to recognize several PGA of Alberta Members and Industry Representatives for their achievements throughout the season and their career, as well as for their contributions to the Association and the game of golf. Nineteen Awards including Player of the Year, Championship and Bursary Award winners will be recognised at this year’s Award Banquet.
Please note the below details for the 2019 Awards Program;
- Awards Ceremony and Cocktail Reception - Wednesday, October 23rd at the BMO Centre in Calgary!
- Click here to see the Awards criteria for the below Awards:
- Assistant Professional of the Year - CFM & Class "A" Professional
- Club Professional of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Executive Professional of the Year
- Junior Leader of the Year
- Teacher of the Year
- Retailer of the Year - Private & Public
- Sales Representative of the Year
Nominations are now being accepted online! As a PGA of Alberta member, you may nominate one deserving individual for each of the Award categories.
Top 100 Award
The Top 100 Program (formerly known as the Professional Development Program) is based on pre-defined measurable criteria and is designed to recognize PGA of Alberta Members who dedicate their time and demonstrate proven abilities in advancing the Association’s interests for the benefit of all Golf Professionals. The yearly award given out at the Awards Banquet during the Buying Show will be for the most points accumulated from October 2018 to October 2019. Every Buying Show begins a new year for the Top 100 Program.
As part of this new program, the PGA of Alberta will acknowledge the Top 100 Professionals which will be the top 100-point earners for that given year of the program. These members will be recognized as a “Top 100 Professional” for that year and will receive a custom Top 100 logo in which they can use to further promote themselves as Golf Professionals to further advance their careers.
In addition to the recognizing the Top 100 Professionals, the PGA of Alberta will offer cash prizes as an added incentive to the top 7 point earners for this program year.
Bursary Applications - Opening July 5th
The PGA of Alberta is pleased to present four bursaries of $750 each to deserving Candidates for Membership and Class A Professionals who meet or exceed the bursary criteria as outlined on the website.
All CFM’s and Class A Professionals (who are not employed as Head Professionals) are eligible and encouraged to apply. A minimum of two of the bursaries will be reserved for seasonal CFM’s (working 9 months or less for their employer).
Bursary applications will be accepted until Friday, September 27th at 4:00pm.
- Junior Scholarship Deadline: July 12th
- Nominations Close: August 30th
- Award Applications will be sent to Nominees: As they are nominated or on September 2nd
- Membership Bursary Deadline: September 27th
- Finalists will be presented online: October 2nd
- Award Winners will be recognised at the Awards Banquet on Wednesday, October 23rd
Save the Date: The cocktail reception, sponsored by Jancor Agencies & Inside Golf will begin as soon as the Buying Show concludes on day two at 5:00pm. The Awards Banquet will follow at 5:30pm. Members are encouraged to attend to support their peers.